The demanding role of the athlete has caused coaches and trainers to expand the traditional training and conditioning regimes to include mobility, recovery and pliability techniques. My D1 college and high school clients are quick to recognize that by adding sport and position-specific yoga postures, myofascial release through the use of Yoga Tune-Up® balls, Somatic mobility exercises, breath and meditation practices they enhance their physical performance and mental game.
I strive to create programs for individuals and teams that help reduce injuries, improve pliability/mobility, invite recovery and help create body awareness.
Things that may or may not be interesting about me:
- I have a deep connection with sports. I remember watching football with my dad when I was like 5 years old. The TV might have been black and white.
- I did play high school basketball - not very well.
- I lettered in high school volleyball - I found my niche serving.
- I have two grown sons - they were way better at basketball than I was.
- Yoga probably saved my life.
- My classes typically include at least one dumb or corny joke.
- I've been on the jumbotron twice with my aunt at LA Clipper games.
- I'm an anatomy nerd and I can never get enough education on that.
- I love and honor what I do, it's my mission to make you a better athlete.
I am so grateful and indebted to all of my teachers and mentors, some of my favorite teaching methods/workshops:
- Yoga Tune Up® Breath & Bliss Immersion Training with Jill Miller (November, 2019)
- Yoga Deconstructed® Training, Unwreck Your Neck, Yoga Tune Up® with Trina Altman (2017, 2018)
- Integral Anatomy, What the Fuzz with Gil Hedley (November, 2017)
- Beyond Yoga Alignment, Shoulder Potential with Jules Mitchell (June, 2016)
But especially my master teachers:
Gwen Lawrence, LMT, RYS, RYT, Owner and Creator of Power Yoga for Sports™, New York (RYT300/Elite Studies)